Saturday, October 14, 2006

Anyone know where I can buy some patience?

Here is what I have decided about why people get frustrated with the legal system in our country. It takes too freaking long. I have been waiting on a ruling on a summary judgment motion since I started. Keep in mind that I do all criminal work so the only thing I have that is subject to civil rules of procedure is habeas corpus stuff. Since the guy is on death row, you would think they would get it in gear but no.

So basically, it drives me crazy how long everything takes. I am not a patient person to start with and this does not help. Of course, the first response to a motion to dismiss I did resulted in the appeal being denied a mere 24 hours later. Why is it that bad news is the only thing that comes quickly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home