Friday, August 31, 2007

Sweater Sets and Fauxhawks

Does every profession have those people that others in the profession look down on?

I bring this up because I look down on the child support attorneys. I recognize that they fill a much needed service in providing mothers and children with access to the legal system to collect the support that they need and deserve, here's the BUT...

Do they have to dress so unprofessionally? Striped sweater sets with matching pink slacks do not scream respect me. Believe me, I get the fact that suits get old and I sport flip-flops with my suit when I am in my office. However when I am in court, I am in the suit and my big girl shoes.

The worst part is that it is the female attorneys that do this. Women are still at a disadvantage in this profession, especially in smaller counties with an all male bench, do these attorneys really need to make it harder on the rest of us?

As Barney says, "Suit Up!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home