Monday, June 26, 2006

Why Why Why??????

Ok, in light of the fact that bar classes were ending in a few weeks I planned a little celebration with a friend from high school. You know to get away from it all, drink some beer, listen to some amusing bands. So what happens??? My friends' friends decide they should throw the friends a "couple wedding shower" that day. I love things like this just another thing to make me feel bad about not being part of a couple. But since I am missing the shower and Bacholette party due to a family gathering, I feel like I must attend or be kicked out of the wedding party. Wait. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad....So here are my thoughts on what to do:
  • Bring friend from high school as my date (female--oh, the resulting rumors that would fly)
  • Bail early to hit up the concert I want to see because well I did already have plans (shocking for me in and of itself)
  • Bring a date that neither the soon to be bride or groom like (he conveniently lives nearby though it would take some effort to convince him to show up)
  • Blow it off and say I have plans with a friend (they likely will not believe this because I don't make plans but this time I did...really)
Why why why did they plan this for that weekend? I mean clearly they have to know that it is the end of classes and they probably are thinking that they are helping us to celebrate. But really I don't want to be around other stressed out people who are feeling they might fail. I wanted to be away from that with people that have nothing to do with law. Fuck it. I am off to have some wine with my dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home