Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Sigh, I just wanted a shiny frame for my diploma...

It came today--Damaged.
So just send it back, right? Simple thing to do, right?

Nope.
First called the alumni center from whom I ordered the frame. No problem, send it back to us via UPS, we'll pay the shipping on our end. We get bad one-we send you new one. She gave me the shipping address, but no account number, I thought she knows what she's doing, I don't need one, right? WRONG.

UPS Store: need account number, I've never heard of that place (uh, like you get diplomas from, like colleges or something, whatever, is it time for my break yet?) No help there.

Finally track down the number of the alumni center and guess what-they don't even know the account number. Call to the warehouse to get, call back-ACCOUNT NUMBER!!! Everything will be ok now, right?

HA! Decide not to go back to bitchy UPS chick and go to package store that does it all. This is probably going to turn out to be a better decision (I hope). The package was delivered to our house my FedEX, not UPS. We're not sure who the account number is for.

The Package Store: manager not there, new kid working, should have walked out the door when he couldn't work the old guy's credit card. STATUS of return of damaged frame: UNKNOWN.
Store was out of the package slips and he didn't have it ready when the pick-up came. Did he call and share this? Nope. So, hopefully tomorrow he will have my damaged frame on its merry way and I will have a new one soon. If not, damaged frame will be picked up and taken to different package store.

I just wanted my undergrad diploma framed, that's all!!!

UPDATE: It was easier just to drive to Boone and switch it out. And I got a new hoody out of the deal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home