Wednesday, July 19, 2006

BarBri Can Bite Me

Ok, it is down to crunch time. By this time next week the bar exam will be over and done with. So I am furiously working to get all my cramming in. Today was wills and trusts morning. Abiding by logic, I read over the lecture notes then hit up the essays that BarBri provides for you to practice with. Here is the problem: the sample answers for the wills section are just wrong. I mean wrong. Some just failed to mentioned something I thought was important but one the answer made no sense at all. It talked about applying a lapse statute at the time of death of a life tenant and not at time of death of testator. I refused to believe this was right even when my fellow studiers insisted it was fine. So I looked it up in the NC outline. Nothing there to support their answer. I still think its wrong (what can i say, I am a Taurus after all). The next step being that I go talk to the prof I took for Dead People. I mean, there is some advantage to studying on your law school campus. As it turns out, I was right. I was not surprised by this. What I was surprised by was that the prof immediately knew what question I was talking about. Apparently, people had the same issue with it last year as I did this year. They received a corrected answer eventually. Well, the bar is next week assholes, think you could give us the right fucking answers??? I mean really, this review course costs enough that it should at least have correct model answers. Seriously, is that just too much to ask? Especially, when this is not the first time it has been a problem...

1 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

I can't agree with you more. So many of the BarBri model answers for essays are bullshit, either leaving crucial things out and jumping to conclusions, or adding a whole bunch of "what if" extraneous declarations that aren't really necessary to reach the conclusion, which is exactly what they told us not to do.

They are getting hammered with class action lawsuits for antitrust violations, maybe that will help in the long run.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home